NOTE: This is a Temporary Faculty Employee appointment with the possibility of extension. This assignment is typically a full time position during the summer academic break.
NATURE AND SCOPE OF ASSIGNMENT
The Institute for Scientific Computing Research (ISCR) within the Computation Directorate will identify faculty and teacher employees to collaborate and engage in practical research in cyber security topics. Opportunities include providing technical and/or research to projects in the areas of computational science, cyber defense, computer science, numerical methods, mathematics, or other related fields. The position is in residence at LLNL for the summer. The faculty position includes teaching a short course for the Cyber Defender students.
- Will provide technical and/or research to projects in the areas of computational science, cyber defense, computer science, numerical methods, mathematics, or other related fields.
- Will teach a short course for Cyber Defender Students .
- Attend all scheduled events including lectures, tours and group activities.
- May collaborate with cyber security to identify and quantify cyber threats to the smart meter networks and to understand architecture choices and to research analysis methods and detection capabilities to protect against various threats.
- Perform all assignments in accordance with ES&H, security, and business practice requirements and policies.
- Must be a continuing faculty or teacher affiliated at an accredited institution.
- Experience applying complex engineering and scientific principles to solve technical problems.
- Ability to present concepts and ideas in a clear manner.
- Experience working with personal computers and familiarity with Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam: None required.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test.
Anticipated Clearance Level: None.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.