This is a one-year Post College Appointee with the possibility of extension to a maximum of 2 years. For important information about LLNL appointments refer to the FAQs above. Eligible candidates are recent graduates within two years of the month of the Bachelor's or PhD degree at the time of the employment offer.
NATURE AND SCOPE OF JOB
The Supply Chain Management Department is a key organization responsible for purchasing high-quality and complex supplies and services in support of LLNL’s mission in a cost-effective and timely manner, allowing for effective competition and quality while meeting socioeconomic compliance
requirements and applicable DOE regulations identified in our Prime Contract with the US Department of Energy (DOE) National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA)
. Under direction of a Group Manager, the individual will be responsible for placing new subcontract awards for goods and services, processing invoices & closeouts. The individual may perform analysis and determine final costs on certain subcontracts. Attend and participate in Contract Review Boards and Staff Meetings. Observe other functions that are part of the LLNS supply chain such as Business Services, Supply and Distribution and Account Payable. In addition, may perform financial capability reviews of subcontracts. The individual will have the opportunity to interact with Department Management, Contract Administrators, Suppliers, and Accounts Payable personnel.
- Under limited direction and supervision will work on tasks within the assigned area.
- Analyze financial data and supplier submitted invoices to confirm compliance with terms and conditions of subcontracts. Obtain appropriate approvals. Enter data in the LINCS system.
- Complete administrative requirements for close-out of subcontracts.
- Process new awards for goods and services that are deemed to have low risk and complexity. Responsibilities would include, but not be limited to, sourcing justification, assist in reviewing price reasonableness, assemble contracts, and assist. Data entry of these transactions into systems as data is collected.
- May perform review for selected subcontracts, of financial data and assist in with final allowable costs and amount due to subcontractors. Document results of review of the subcontracts in accordance with the Cost/Price Analyst Deskguide.
- May review current spend data analysis techniques and tools. Investigate alternative methods of presenting the information so as to improve the effectiveness of business decisions based on this data.
- Analyze subcontractor’s financial statements and other financial information (i.e. Dun & Bradstreet Reports). Use Z-score calculations and analysis of data to make recommendations on the financial capability of subcontractors. Document review in accordance with the Cost/Price Analyst Desk guide.
- Assist Subcontract Administrator Support Section (SASS) Administrators, Cost/Price Analysts and Policy Analysts with analysis of data as needed.
- Performs all assignments in accordance with ES&H, security, and SCM standard policies and procedures, and all other applicable requirements.
- Performs assignments of a basic degree of complexity and provides advanced assistance to assigned projects.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
- A recent Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or other related field.
- Ability to apply basic and business approaches to problem-solving (plan, analyze and execute).
- Demonstrated effective communication skills.
- Ability to present and communicate concepts and ideas.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience analyzing and applying problem solving to business issues.
- Experience working with personal computers and familiarity with Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
DESIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
Extensive experience with PowerPoint, Excel and Word
Exceptional writing skills
Pre-Placement Medical Exam: A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test.
Anticipated Clearance Level: L (Position will be cleared to this level). Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.